Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Scale Does Work

I haven't posted in awhile mostly because I was frustrated with the scale. I lost so much that first week and was so excited and then nothing--the scale refused to budge. Actually, there were two days that my weight actually increased. I knew that my weight was reflecting a whole host of things not related to what I was eating: hydration level, recovery from surgery, constipation from lack of fiber, etc. I also knew that it was physically impossible to eat 500-700 calories a day and gain weight. But, all the justification in the world didn't change the fact that I wasn't losing and was frustrated. I even removed the battery to reset the scale just in case. Alas, it was just the dreaded stall!

Luckily--yippee--my body is starting to adjust to the new plan and I've seen 1.5 pound loss twice this week. Even with the stall, I've averaged almost 1 pound per day. (18.5 pounds in 19 days).

In the end, I guess stalls are good motivation to keep me vigilant about my water and protein, but boy, am I glad it is over...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment