Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Meal Plans

I'm slowly getting used to eating soft foods. Gianna is trying to help, too. Yesterday she had crackers with peanut butter and raisins as a snack and smeared some of the peanut butter on her little finger and offered to to me saying, "Look Mom, it's smooshy. It will make your tummy feel better." It's amazing how fast kids pick up on things! Yesterday I planned to try egg salad for lunch. An egg slipped when putting it in the pan and got a slight crack, so I had scrambled egg for breakfast. The scrambled egg went pretty well. I didn't need to puree it, just chewed each pea-sized bite many many times. For lunch I did indeed have egg salad which didn't go so well. It was chopped pretty fine, so I don't know if I ate too quickly, I ate too soon after drinking, or if I just am not ready for the 1.5 tsp. of low-fat mayo I mixed in. In the end, I managed to have about half an egg for lunch and just couldn't manage another bite. Luckily, protein supplements made it possible to still get closer to my protein goal of the day. I had 48.8 grams yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment