Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Milestones--Five of Them

Okay, so there aren't really mile markers on the treadmill, but I ran 5 miles this morning. When I went to the Y this morning, I really didn't have a plan for my workout today. Then I noticed on the September calendar posted in the locker room that there are only ten days until the Maple Leaf run. Yikes! In ten days I need to be able to run a 5 mile race and even though I have no illusions of having a great time, I do intend to finish the thing. I have been running a few times a week for just over a month and had been working up to longer runs but most weeks I did a 5k (3.12 miles) once or twice and then one 3.5 to 4 mile run. So, instead of a 30 minute elliptical session, I decided I would run. And I did. All five miles. I broke no records--except it was the first time in my life that I ran five miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment